January 29, 2007

Welcome

For months now I have been using the Web in a different way compared to before.

By me Internet began with browsing. The ICQ and the email came shortly afterwards. Google became my favorite search portal and that was all. Internet = Mail + ICQ + Google. For several years there was no change in the way I used Internet.

Two years ago it started changing. Publishing my photos on the web, using RSS readers were the first symptoms of a change. In the beginning these changes were slow and gradual, switching to flickr, customizing the google start page, relying heavily on the google maps, using the social network web sites.

In the last months, though, I have rediscovered Internet. Google Calendar helped me keep track of important events. I saw the advantages in tagging for first time in del.icio.us. Rememberthemilk actually changed my lifestyle. I have big hopes for CiteULike and my blog for scientific papers.

All this happening in a very short time made me think about it. I realized that I want to keep on track with the trends in the Web and share my impressions of what I have found out there.
This is the reason why I have set up this blog. Hopefully I'll keep it alive.

No comments: